Amiga-Development

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Created for developers of all Amiga camps

Author Topic: FreePascal units  (Read 93 times)

asrael22

• View Profile
FreePascal units
« on: August 04, 2017, 01:27:12 PM »

Hi.

I didn't look closely. But during unlha I've seen a lot of packages like xml, web, libz, unicode, etc.
Do they all work on AmigaOS3?

Manfred

Chain-Q

• Stealth Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: FreePascal units
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 02:34:10 PM »

Most of the packages supplied by Free Pascal, like fcl-xml and so on should be platform independent, so yes, they should work. Networking things (web client/server) might conflict with multithreading, because of some bsdsocket.library specialties, and there's no SSL support (yet), but otherwise should work to my knowledge. Maybe Alb42 knows more, he works more in the application domain where the packages are used.

About the mentioned Amiga specific multithreading specialities, see http://wiki.freepascal.org/AThreads

Otherwise just the normal software process applies, if you run into specific issues, please report and we'll try to fix them.

asrael22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 05:54:46 PM »

This is amazing to be honest.
I believe this is the most complete package you can get if you want to concentrate on application development.

Manfred

ALB42

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 07:59:20 PM »

I didn't look closely. But during unlha I've seen a lot of packages like xml, web, libz, unicode, etc.
Do they all work on AmigaOS3?

Most of them, actually I'm not aware of packages does not work, I did not try all, but many of them ;-) usually the ones does not work we exclude from the package. Most of the packages not included are due to missing library, like SDL, LUA, Mysql, sqlite and such stuff.

Take MUIMapparium for example, Networking is done with units from fcl-web package, XML Parsing (answers and GPX/KML Files and so on) with stuff from fcl-xml, json parsing (geo location) from fcl-wen, zip unpacking (KMZ, Files) from paszlib package, PNG Loading (Map Images) from fcl-image and so on  ;D

If you look into the archive you downloaded there should be a folder /pp/share/doc/fpc-3.1.1/ where you find many examples for some packages ;) maybe you find something interesting, have fun.