Amiga-Development

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Created for developers of all Amiga camps

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: load gfx in my game  (Read 5224 times)

itix

• View Profile
Re: load gfx in my game
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 11:34:55 AM »

If you use some foreign, PC-style chipset with your Amiga, palette remapping is necessary to implement palette emulation in screenmodes that don't support palettes.  To me this represented the beginning of the abomination known as re-targetable graphics and was Commodore's attempt at trying to make something they would attempt to call "Amiga" that contained non-Amiga graphics chips.  I used to think that was OK but once I learned how absolutely foreign PC-style graphics chips are to the Amiga, I gave up on RTG and became what some would call a "purist" Amigan.

You must always remap palette based bitmap to your destination display. It is always necessary unless you have private custom screen with palette that always match your graphics data.

In RTG systems bitmaps can carry additional palette data and blitting from palette based bitmap to hi/true color bitmap works without remapping.

I think that RTG helps the Amiga-ish platforms to run some rare pieces of "system-friendly" code on non-Amiga hardware.

RTG allows using 3rd party graphics cards on Amiga. Original Amigas never went beyond 256 colors (with the exception of HAM modes) and good supporting of better display modes require some additional coding.

tolkien

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 02:03:13 PM »

Very thanks to both of you! Sometimes I have doubts if I must así these questions or not but you all always help in the best form. Thanks mates.

tolkien

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2015, 11:10:26 PM »

Good! I have it working correctly. I missed the window pointer in DoDTMethod when I did the remap. Thaaanks!

tolkien

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 07:53:46 PM »

One more friends.
I have my gfx sheet in a bitmap and blit what I want to dest bitmap. All ok. Now, I want some gfx with background color transparente.tried different minterms bit the gfx shows extrange.
I dont know if i use a bad minterm, or bad mask bitplane or what....
Can I define a color for transparency?  Some tips mates!
Pages: 1 [2]